The Department of Public Works will resume Curbside Bulk Garbage Pickup again on the first and third Thursday of each month, starting April 16th. Because of the COVID-19 issue, we are changing our procedures a little bit:
- Residents must submit an email to email@example.com with the request for pickup and must attach a description and picture(s) of the item(s) that they want picked up to the email. This email must be submitted at least 24 hours prior to the pickup date and time.
- We will review our bulk pickup fee schedule and decipher the cost for the item(s) to be picked up.
- Resident will be emailed back telling them the cost of the item(s) and that the resident must submit cash or check in the stated amount to the Village Office mailbox in an envelope with their name and address on it, before the pickup date.
- A list of the names, addresses and items to be picked up will be submitted to the Commissioner of Public Works before pickup.
- Payment must be received prior to DPW picking up the item(s).
- DPW will pick up on the first and third Thursday of every month, as was normal before the emergency.
- All items must be from Green Island residences that receive regular curbside pickup already.
There will be no tags, DPW will know number of items and what is to be picked up by the list.