2020 Final Assessment Roll

The Town Offices are located at:
69 Hudson Avenue
Green Island, NY 12183
Phone: (518) 273-0661
Fax: (518) 273-0688
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM (Excluding Holidays)

Town Board meetings are held the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 5pm.

Tax Information: Green Island Town/County tax information must be obtained through the Town of Green Island at (518) 273-0661 or online at

  • Payment may be made at Catskill Hudson Bank, 148 George Street, Green Island, NY 12183, during regular business hours. Money order or checks payable to the Town of Green Island are accepted. Cash is discouraged, but accepted.
  • If you are mailing your payment, please send it to the Town of Green Island, P.O. Box 1517, Green Island, NY, 12183.

The Town Offices are responsible for the following:

1. Vital Statistics – Marriage License, Certified transcripts of Marriages, Deaths and Births, Genealogy Searches and Information available.
2. Election Materials – Voter Registration information and forms, Absentee Ballot Applications.
3. Licensing – Fishing, Hunting, Sportsmen and dog licenses.

For questions, please contact the following:

Supervisor: Rachel A. Perfetti
Email the Supervisor at:

Town Clerk: Julie A. Iannone
Email the Clerk at:

Town Board Members:
Michele Bourgeois
Phillip Gross
Theodore Koniowka
Erica Milliner-Gardner

Town Tax Collector:

Hours for Tax purposes:
January 1st through March 31st
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM

Town Assessor:
Bradley Canning
For more Assessor information:


Board of Assessment Review:

Tony Cesare
Joseph Cocca
Kristin Swinton
Joe Liotta
Mark J. Ryan

Secretary to the Board: Anne Strizzi

Located at 73 Hudson Avenue, Green Island, NY 12183
Formerly Historic St. Mark’s Church
Phone: (518) 273-0661 and Fax: (518) 273-0688

The Court House is responsible for:

1. Penal Cases (First two Tuesday’s of the Month at 6:30 PM)
2. Vehicle and Traffic (Last two Tuesday’s of the Month at 6:30 PM)
3. Small Claims $3,000.00 Cap. (Every Tuesday at 5:30 PM)
4. Civil Court $5,000.00 Cap. (Every Tuesday at 5:30 PM)
5. Landlord – Tenant Proceedings (Every Tuesday at 5:30 PM)

Town Justice: Albert J. Sterling
Town Justice: Joseph A. Liotta

Court Clerk: Julie A. Iannone
Deputy Court Clerk: Elizabeth McNulty

Town Attorney: Joseph Legnard – 518-273-2201

Frequently Asked Questions:

What does someone have to do to get a marriage license?
A couple who intends to be married in New York State must apply together in person for a marriage license to any town or city clerk in the state. Each applicant must furnish two forms of identification when applying for a license. According to Town of Green Island policy, only the following documents are acceptable: driver’s license, certified birth certificate, passport, or baptismal record. In the event one of the parties is a not a citizen of the United States, the following identification will be accepted: passport, Green card, USA Resident Alien Card, work permit or naturalization papers. The application for a license must be signed both by the future bride and the groom in the presence of the Clerk.
If both parties are eighteen (18) years of age or older, no written parental or judicial consent is required. Certified information regarding previous marriages must be furnished in the application for a marriage license. This includes whether the former spouse or spouses are living, and whether the applicants are divorced and if so, when, where and against whom the divorce or divorces were granted. Only an original or certified copy of the Decree of Divorce for each divorce is accepted. Although the marriage license is issued immediately, the marriage ceremony may not occur within twenty-four (24) hours from the exact time that the license is issued and the document is then valid for sixty (60) days after the twenty-four hour waiting period. The fee for a marriage license is $40.00.

What do I need to license my dog?
Before a license can be obtained or renewed, a current rabies vaccination must be proven. The Albany County Department of Health requires all dogs six months of age or older to be vaccinated for rabies. Having rabies information is crucial for the general public’s well being. In addition, if the dog has been neutered or spayed, a certificate of neutering or spaying must also be presented in order to be eligible for a reduced licensing fee. The breakdown for dog licensing fees is as follows:

Type of Dog Rates:
Neutered Male (with certificate or affidavit) $12.50
Spayed Female (with certificate or affidavit) $12.50
Unneutered Male $20.50
Unspayed Female $20.50

The Town Clerk’s Office processes all new dog licenses and collects renewal fees. In the event an animal is adopted by means of the Mohawk-Hudson River Humane Society, that information is forwarded to the Clerk’s office and then recorded on the Clerk’s computer system. The actual annual renewal notices for a dog license is sent out on a monthly basis by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets. Dog owners who do not respond to the annual renewal notice will be contacted by the Clerk’s Office. In the event there is no response from the dog’s owner after several delinquency letters and follow-up phone calls, the names and addresses of these individuals are passed onto the Town’s Animal Control Officers. The Animal Control Officers then make it a point to visit these residences. The animal’s owner can be ticketed and/or fined for not complying with the Town’s ordinances.

Click here to download the Town’s Dog Licenses.

Click here to download the Town’s Dog Laws.

How do I register or re-register to vote?
Both the New York State Voter Registration Form and the Absentee Ballot Application are available through the Town Clerk’s Office. Alternatively, you may click here to download the forms from the Albany County Board of Elections’ website. The Voter Registration Form is used when an individual needs to: register to vote, change their name or address (if there is a change since the last time they voted) or to enroll or change their enrollment in a particular political party. This form can be either filled out at or forwarded to the Clerk’s Office or the Albany County Board of Elections (located at 32 North Russell Road Albany, NY 12206).

If you want to vote in an election, this form needs to be received by the Board of Elections no later than twenty-five (25) days prior to the election in which you want to vote. Eligibility to vote will be based upon the date that the voter registration form was filed. In the event a person is already registered but will not be able to physically go to their pre assigned polling place to vote in a primary or a general election, an Absentee Ballot Application can be utilized. Once filled out and returned in a timely fashion to either the Town Clerk or the Albany County Board of Elections, the individual will be subsequently sent a paper ballot and be given the opportunity to vote.

Town Clerk: Julie A. Iannone – 518-273-0661
As Registrar of Vital Statistics, the Town Clerk is responsible for keeping a permanent record of all births and deaths that occur within the boundaries of the Village, as well as all marriage licenses that are applied for in our office. We issue birth certificates, death transcripts and burial transit permits. Often, individuals contact our office to assist with genealogical research. Death and marriage records become available fifty years (50) after the date of issuance while birth records become available after seventy-five (75) years.

In regards to licenses, the Town Clerk issues many New York State licenses and permits including marriage, dog and conservation (hunting and fishing). Contact the Town Clerk at 518-273-0661 for licensing matters.

Hunting and Fishing Licenses Now Available.
Hunting/Fishing Licenses are now available year round for purchase at the Town Offices.  If you have any questions or need additional information regarding the licenses, please contact (518) 273-0661.